Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Journey Toward Becoming A Fitness Model - Entry 7

Hello Everyone!
I had an amazing back workout with Peter today. I felt pretty strong. I was able to get 3 meals in prior to the workout, and a goodnight sleep, which paid off. This is my second consecutive week of training with him, so I know with time Peter is going to push me even more. Neither the less, I felt challenged today, and I liked it a lot. There is always a lesson I learn when I train with Peter. 1st Lesson Learned: "Training is not about gimmicks. Training that produces real results is not SEXY, you will sweat and grunt." 2nd Lesson Learned: "The objective of a training session is to focus on carving one body part at a time." 3rd Lesson Learned: "No need to focus so much on training abs. If you train correctly, you will train your abs in the process." I love Peter (He's married to a beautiful lady, so I mean that in a Godly way), and I am glad he has taken me under his wing, to coach and develop. I trust his expertise, and he knows his stuff.

Yesterday, I was experiencing bloating and gas, not to be distasteful, but I have to document what my body is going through in order to know how to improve it. I am gluten intolerant, and I am on a journey to find out what my digestive system digests well. My meals went something like this:

  • 1st Meal - Gluten Free oatmeal, udo's oil, strawberries, and 5-egg whites 
  • 2nd Meal - Quinoa, ground turkey, green beans
  • 3rd Meal - Protein shake with udo's oil and benefiber, 1-rice cake with peanut butter
  • 4th Meal - Quinoa and ground turkey
  • Snack - 1-Orange and almonds with sunflower seeds
  • 5th Meal - 1-Tomato, 1-Cucumber, 1-Avocado 
Peter believes that the gluten free oatmeal may not actually be gluten free, or that I may still be having an allergic reaction to it, so he is removing the oatmeal and quinoa from my diet in order to do a process of elimination. He is replacing it with 3-4 oz sweet potatos. It's going to be interesting because I am kinda limited to one type of carb for the time being, but I want to find out what is causing the discomfort in my digestive system because it effects my breathing whenever I have an allergic reaction to food. I will let you know how it goes. I will leave you with a quote from Jillian Michaels:

"Deciding to change is easy; acting on it is another story"

No comments:

Post a Comment