Monday, April 18, 2011

My Journey Toward Becoming A Fitness Model-Entry 4

Saludos a todos (Greetings everyone)! I apologize for the lapse of time that has past since my last post. My life was turned upside down within a week. I have gone through a lot of changes in the last 7 days, which interrupted my training. I am back on course, and my passion to reach my goal is even strong now. Thank you for your patience, and again I apologize for the lapse of time.

So, I realized I didn't share my first training session experience, which was amazing. It happened over a week ago, but I remember it vividly. First of all, I couldn't stop sweating. Afterward, my clothes were soaked. I almost killed myself on the elliptical machine. Peter, trained my gluts and hamstrings for about 45 minutes, then 30 minutes of cardio in intervals of 20-30 seconds. For 20 seconds I would sprint on the elliptical machine, moving my legs as fast as I could, then I would go normal speed for the remainder of that minute. After my first sprint I slowed my legs down without slowing the pedals down, which nearly killed me. Literally, I was almost thrown off of the elliptical machine. Lesson Learned: Gradually slow legs and pedals down together. I survived, YAY! But, boy was a sore 2 days later. Peter, explained to me that I have what you call, delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS), which is perfectly normal. Some people are sore right after a workout, I am sore a couple of days after a workout. But, who cares. NO PAIN, NO GAIN! I plan on a lot of gain, which means bring on the soreness.

Today marks my second session with Peter. It was great! Due to my set-back, we had to start from the beginning, so he trained my gluts and hamstrings today. We have 2 more sessions this week, which I am looking forward to. I understand I will have DOMS in about 2 days, but whatever. I believe in my potential, and I know I have the right trainer that can cultivate and develop the greatness that's inside of me. The thing I loved the most about today's session, is I got a change to vent about my life changing week, and he cared enough to listen, and not judge. I am not one to share my personal business with people outside of my close net circle. It's just not me, but I felt comfortable enough to do so with him. He was generally supportive, and I appreciated that the most about this session. Don't get me wrong, he still kicked my BUTT today. But because of that, I feel a little more of a release in my spirit, which is healthy for me, and will allow me to focus on what's most important in my present, which is becoming a successful fitness model. So, a special thanks goes out to my trainer, Peter Gordon, for caring. Stay tuned for my next post.
PEACE & LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment