Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Journey Toward Becoming A Fitness Model - Entry 5

Hola a todos (Hello everyone)! Today's training session was intense, but good. Peter trained my calfs, back, and biceps. The focus for my calfs was to target the Soleus, which is the calf muscle behind the Gastrocnemius. We started the back workout with pull-ups. Peter always starts a back workout with pull-ups. He said it helps loosen up the fibers, and muscles in the back area. We went through a number of back exercises, so much so that my legs were trembling half way through. He really focused on my upper back today. He said he is trying to shape my back to have a "V" cut, which makes the waist look smaller. COOL!

We didn't really focus on biceps today. Peter said, whenever you train back you automatically hit biceps as well, so we did a few exercises, but not much. I have never trained my calfs like we did today, so I am anticipating some Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS). I didn't keep up with the time, but I trained for at least an hour. Afterward, I had 45 minutes of cardio on the StairMaster. 20 minutes of which was interval training. I was dripping sweat everywhere. First of all, I have never used the StairMaster before. Secondly, I felt dyslexic the entire time because I kept tripping over the steps, as if I had two left feet, and I am a dancer! What's up with that? The StairMaster is a fine piece of equipment. I have never worked that hard during my cardio sessions before.

I had Bison for the first time today. I am not a red meat eater at all, but Peter is trying to get my iron up, and Bison is suppose to be really good for iron deficiency. The problem is it digests very slowly, which can be a good thing at times, but not before a workout. I had my 3rd meal 2 hours before my training session, which included the Bison. The entire time I was training my food was still trying to digest, which lead to bulging, and knots in my small intestines. It didn't hurt, but it was just a little uncomfortable. So, I plan to eat my Bison meals on days I do not train for now on.

FYI: On my train ride back home, which usually takes about 45 minutes, I was knocked out. The guy sitting next to me had to wake me up. That's just how effective the session was today. I am loving every minute of it. I will leave you with a quote from Muscle & Fitness Hers Magazine:

My body is like a canvas
motivation is my brush
I control every curve
and make no excuses
I turn heads
and hold my head high
I have no bad angles
I am confident in every light
I break limitations
quitting is not an option
because in the gym, I am never alone
I train with MAX. 
Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment